Thursday 16 May 2013

The day I went to Walthamstow.

My sister has just got engaged, which means lots of fantastic outfits, all of which my Mum and I have volunteered to make. 1 bride, 4 bridesmaids, additional items for a few men, plus material for the dress I am going to make for myself all adds up to a lot of fabric, so we went shopping.

I had heard tell (on the internet) that Walthamstow Market was the place to go to for a massive range of very reasonably priced fabric, which was quite handy as Cathy lives 2 tube stops away. The reality was beyond my wildest expectations! It seemed that almost every fifth shop or stall sold fabric or notions or fantastic trim. And they have multiple charity shops too. It was wonderful.

Between the market and Goldhawk Road – which was equally amazing and abundant, but slightly more expensive – we bought everything we needed, and for a ridiculous price. Then we had to lug it all back to Dorset by train – 50 metres of assorted fabrics is quite heavy!

Walthamstow Fabric

Of course this is all I can show you, and most of that is the floral sheet I picked up in a charity shop and the blue floral cotton for practising my dress, but we don’t want to let too much out before the event. But it is all VERY EXCITING.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment