Friday 30 September 2011

Circumference=2πr

It was pointed out to me recently that I tend to knock up items, or throw them together. By contrast this week I am carefully, lovingly and with due care and attention, making a bean bag. Not least because I am having to scale up the pattern instructions in order to do so.

It is based on the bean bag in Cath Kidston's "Sew!",Bean Bag crop but that is designed for toddlers. Which my boy isn't. By quite a few inches. So I have been re-acquainting myself with π and circles. A few calculations later and I have a scaled up set of dimensions to cut out of half a duvet and a remnant, while making sure that the stripes all head in the same direction. Fortunately I got to do a dummy run on plain fabric as it needs an inner to actually hold the beans. So far so good.

Watch this space for photos of the finished article – hopefully within the next week! If it takes any longer it may have to be abandoned in favour of my great cake baking marathon (also known as Cathy’s Birthday – more on that after the event!).

No comments:

Post a Comment